You are watching: Take a knee memes
Because it's 2017, and these things happen.
On September 22, Trump lashed out at players who didn't stand up doing the national anthem and said they should be fired. Well, his exact, eloquent words were:
"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say 'get that son of a bitch off the field right now? Out! He's fired! He's fired.'"
The following Sunday, more than 200 players protested during the 14 games played nationwide, along with dozens of celebrities also taking a knee on social media and during some performances.
RELATED: 17 Theories & Facts About Hope Hicks, Her BIG White House Job & Rumors She's Actually Donald Trump's Girlfriend
5. A meme that wonders how people of color SHOULD protest...
6. This heartfelt picture of a 97-year-old veteran who supports the #TakeAKnee protest.
7. A friendly reminder for why people choose to peacefully protest.
8. For anyone who's wondering the reason behind the #TakeAKnee movement:
9. This message of support from Martin Luther King's daughter.
10. Poking some serious fun at the people who are boycotting the NFL over this.
11. Trump seriously needs to focus on Puerto Rico.
12. This is TOO real.
13. Talk about disrespecting the flag as it relates to North Korea.
15. Remember who's in Trump's circle now.
16. The real reason why Trump can't take a knee.
See more: 2625 Peachtree Pkwy, Suwanee, Ga 30024-1048, Target Store
17. And this:
RELATED: 5 Facts & Details About Melania Trump's Rumored BOYFRIEND Hank Siemers
Emily Blackwood is an editor at YourTango who covers pop culture, true crime, dating, relationships and everything in between. Every Wednesday at 10:20 p.m. you can ask her any and all questions about self-love, dating, and relationships LIVE on YourTango’s Facebook page. You can follow her on Instagram (
blackw00d) and Twitter (