FlourishAnyway believes there is a playlist because that just about any situation and is on a mission come unite and also entertain the world through song.
You are watching: Songs about failing
You can't victory them all. Realize you're no alone in ~ failure. Do a playlist about losers and failing. We have a lengthy list the pop, rock, and country songs.Then get earlier out there and shot again! You'll be a winner prior to long.
Hans Gerwitz via Flickr, CC-BY-SA 2.0, modification by FlourishAnyway
Just since You failed Doesn't (Always) mean You're a Failure
Winners room losers who learn from their experience. They stick it out and shot again.
We've all been losers on part level whether small or epic. It's okay. Some of the many prominent and also successful human being are recovering losers:J.K. Rowling was once on the verge that homelessness as an unemployed single mother.Michael Jordan missed more than 9,000 shots in his basketball career.Steven Spielberg to be rejected indigenous the university of his an option three times.Vincent valve Gogh sold only one paint in his lifetime.Actress Elizabeth Taylor was married eight times to seven men. Axl Rose's marital relationship to Erin Everly lasted only 26 days. No Taylor no one Rose found long lasting marriages.Soap opera actress Susan Lucci was nominated 18 times because that a Daytime Emmy and also lost every time. Then, she winner on her 19th nomination. Whew!
If you're feeling favor a loser in love, academics, business, or one more area that life, please offer yourself a break. Just since you have actually failed doesn't average you're a failure. Do a playlist around losers and also failing and also realize you're no alone. We have actually a lengthy list the pop, rock, and country songs. Climate get ago out over there and shot again!
1. "Bad Day" through Daniel PowterIf you've had one the those important rotten days, climate this worldwide pop struggle from 2005 captures the emotion well. The magic feels lost, the skies is gray, her passion has actually dissipated. The song was supplied as one elimination tune for American Idol contestants which probably made shedding feel even worse.
2. "The Winner Takes it All" by ABBAFeeling defeated after a break-up that she didn't seek, the broken-hearted protagonist in this 1980 pop tune feels favor she has lost everything. The tune was composed by one ABBA member after ~ divorcing another and became an global hit for the sweden group.
3. "In the End" through Linkin ParkThis 2000 rock song is a discuss the futility of do the efforts to make a relationship work-related when both partner aren't mutually invested. In together case, that doesn't matter how tough you shot to pressure it. It just ain't happenin'.
The narrator realizes the brevity the life and also the worth of time. Don't waste the on those who don't return her affections.
4. "Fought the Law" by The ClashThe poor sorry sucker in this 1979 rock track was low on cash so he committed equipped robbery. Sadly for him, he wasn't very great at it, so now he's ~ above a behind-bars vacation, working the chain gang. You have the right to hear him singing, "I dealt with the law, and the legislation won."
The 1965 variation of this track by the Bobby Fuller 4 was named by Rolling Stone as among The 500 biggest Songs of every Time.
5. "Best that Intentions" by Travis TrittThe poor fella in this woe-is-me country love tune from 2000 wanted to provide his lady the world. That had huge plans because that a big house and also all the dreams that come v it. However, nobody of that materialized, so every he has left to provide her is an apology the he truly intended come make great on his promises.
Tell Us just how You Bounced back from failure in the Comments section Below.
6. "Loser" through Beck
The guy in this 1992 alternate rock tune combines self-denigration ("I'm a loser") and a most nonsense text to express low self-image and not taking yourself seriously. It ended up being an anthem because that Gen Xers who were alienated from mass culture during the early on 1990s. They were labeled slackers and also called cynical. Yeah, whatever.
7. "Loser" by 3 Doors DownThis 2000 chart topping rock song was written about one of the tape members' childhood girlfriend who came to be addicted to drugs. The protagonist in the tune realizes that he is taking life-threatening risks, and also he feels prefer a loser through no alternative. Realize, however, the there is always help, constantly an alternative for a healthier, more joy life.
8. "Lonesome Loser" by little River BandThis attractive 1979 rock track is the tale of an ominous gambler, a habitual loser in the three games of cards, love, and also life. The narrator do the efforts to lend him some advice, however it will most likely ring together hollow together the gambler's north pockets:
Sit down, take it a look at yourselfDon't you desire to be somebody?Someday somebody's gonna see insideYou have to confront up, you can't run and also hide.
"We space all failures ... At least the best of us are." - J.M. Barrie, Scottish writer
Howard Ignatius via Flickr, CC-BY-SA 2.0, modification by FlourishAnyway
9. "Loser that the Year" by basic Plan
Living in the fast lane, the protagonist in this 2011 pop song is rubbing elbows v celebrities. He's top top the verge of making it huge and is the talk of the town. He has actually rich and also pretty friends and also expensive bling, however it all method nothing without the love the his life by his side. Without her, the feels choose the loser of the year.
10. "Poor poor Pitiful Me" by Terri ClarkTerri Clark dusted off this old Linda Ronstadt fight in 1996. It's a woe-is-me tune around a woman that is under on her luck in both love and life and is feeling really sorry because that herself.
11. "The Gambler" through Kenny Rogers
The protagonist in this 1978 country ditty speak the story around meeting a gambler that trades him part whiskey because that life advice around knowing when to offer up. The gambler dispenses this gold nugget the wisdom:
You've acquired to recognize when to organize 'emKnow as soon as to fold 'emKnow when to walk awayAnd know when come run.
12. "Loser" by saving JaneHave you ever before seen one ex-lover and also thought, "Whew, what occurred to them? they look awful!" That's the reaction the the woman in this 2007 absent song. By marketing her engagement ring for cash and ditching her ex-boyfriend, she now realizes that she has actually dodged a bullet. He's a liar, a user, a residential abuser, and yes, a LOSER. Time can give you a little perspective.
13. "Dirty Laundry" through Don HenleyAlthough Nickelback re-recorded this track in 2016, Don Henley native The Eagles was an initial to carry out it in 1982, and also that was long prior to we had 24-hour news cycles filled through ugly, sensational "breaking news" to scare the crap the end of you.
This rock song laments tabloid-style reporting of negative stories the take advantage of people losing. Human being lose your homes, your reputations, your health, their lives, etc. And we just watch it all in quick sound bites on the night news. Who is yes, really the loser?
14. "Loser" by Limp BizkitIf you've ever been in a partnership with who who lugged out the worst in you, climate this 2011 rock track will remind you the them. The narrator calls himself a loser since his partner feels like shedding is every he's done due to the fact that he met her. That puts up with abuse, dwells ~ above the past, and also tolerates she constantly pushing his buttons.
The partners lug out the worst in one another, and also the man simply wants control of his life back. Life is too brief for a shedding relationship favor this:
I'm a loser; yes, it's trueFeels like I to be losing since I met youThrough the good times and also the badFeels like I'm shedding all I ever before had.
15. "Only Happy as soon as It Rains" through GarbageThere's among these in every crowd. It's no you, is it?
This ironically upbeat rock song from 1995 functions a an unfavorable Nellie narrator who admits that she's only happy when it rains, things are complicated, and all is walking wrong, She relishes bad news and invites you come "pour her misery down on me." Sounds favor one helluva catch, this gal.
16. "Luckiest Loser" by Bowling because that SoupWhen his best friend because junior high stole his girlfried, the male in this absent 2006 track responded the they worthy one another. Feeling betrayed, that dishes creative insults to both the them yet claims ethical superiority through saying that he is the luckiest loser.
17. "The Sound that Failure" through The Flaming Lips
Anyone who suffers from a significant health problem knows that the advice come "stay positive" have the right to grate on her nerves rather than bring comfort. (Stop saying the to world whose bodies space betraying them!)
This sad 2006 different rock tune describes a young woman's friend who is dying. Her body is failing her, and also she deserve to neither stop the process nor placed on cheery airs while fakeness surrounds her. The people may it is in giddy, yet she cannot pretend. The sound of fail is despair.
"There is no failure except in no much longer trying." - Christ Bradford, brother children's writer
SSG Robert Stewart via Flickr, CC-BY-SA 2.0, modified by FlourishAnyway
18. "I'm a Loser" through The Beatles
The poor guy in this 1964 at an early stage rock tune feels prefer an utter failure since he has lost the girl that loves. He's feeling sorry for himself and also seeks to market advice to others so castle don't end up being losers prefer him.
19. "Dammit" by Blink-182Taking an introspective look in ~ a break-up, the man in this 1997 absent song claims he won't host it versus his girlfriend for leaving him. His life is falling apart appropriate now, yet he'll skinny on a friend for support and also imagines the this partnership failure is just another part of farming up. However, he cautions her that later when she regrets their break-up, it'll it is in her that will need to lean top top a friend for support.
20. "Criminal" through Britney Spears
Ever been in love v a loser? Britney Spears has, and also we're not just talking about those few years through back-up dancer Kevin Federline. In this 2011 popular music song, she portrays a mrs in love v a hustler, a liar, a bad boy.
She confesses to she mama that their attraction isn't rational however instead is completely physical. She overlooks his tainted heart and also his background as a killer. What's really criminal, however, is she decision making. Way up, girlfriend!
"It's fail that gives you the appropriate perspective on success." - Ellen DeGeneres, American comedienne
Francesca Dioni via Flickr, CC-BY-SA 2.0, modification by FlourishAnyway
22. Love will certainly Tear us Apart
23. Loser like Me
24. Beautiful Loser
25. I Am A Loser
26. I'm A an excellent Loser
27. Fail by architecture
29. Three Time Loser
David Allan Coe
31.Three Time Loser
32. The Loser
Hank Williams Jr.
33. Among These things First
34. Say Something
A great Big World
35. You win I win We Lose
37. Who's the Man
38. Who Else's Star
40. Brother, deserve to You spare a Dime?
41. MIdnight Train come Georgia
Gladys Night and the Pips
42. She's Kinda Hot
5 secs of Summer
43. The youngsters Aren't Alright
44. The Losers
45. Crushin' It
Questions & Answers
Question: exactly how do you know if you’re a fail or a loser?
Answer: Nobody can win every the time. Failing or losing at particular activities happens to united state all. However, generally, it's how you it is adapted to failures that determines whether YOU space a failure or loser.
The more of the following features you have, the an ext likely you are to be a LOSER or FAILURE:
1) you shirk personal accountability: blaming the victim, happen the buck, pointing the finger, denying problems exists.
2) girlfriend exhibit little sense of integrity, lying, cheating, and stealing to advance your agenda.
3) Stinkin' thinkin' dominates your mindset, together you consistently assume the worst about your other human being, your motives, and traits.
4) You show a absence of perseverance or work ethic, providing up ~ above yourself and also others also easily. You're fear of a real challenge, intellectual or physical. Half-hearted and also incomplete jobs, procrastination, and also letting others perform your work are typical with you.
5) There's no curiosity. Lacking the energy and also enthusiasm to shot different approaches and also explore various ideas, you quickly opt for a more narrow, uncreative technique because that's the easy means out.
6) because you don't discover from experience, you save repeating the same difficulties over and over again. You reject feedback and also fail come develop because you are afraid the truth.
I expect you're not a loser, however even if you are, girlfriend can change your failing behaviors and patterns the thinking.
© 2017 FlourishAnyway
FlourishAnyway (author) indigenous USA ~ above June 22, 2020:
Jack, If girlfriend "always" feel this way, climate you may have actually depression. Talk with your household doctor about your symptoms. Depression is a an extremely common and treatable condition often rooted in a biochemical imbalance. Your medical professional may also refer you to a qualified mental wellness counselor together a psychologist that can help you v your behavior choices and thinking patterns. Don't wait, buddy.
Jack top top June 22, 2020:
I always feel down and depressed. How can I attend to it?
FlourishAnyway (author) indigenous USA ~ above April 19, 2020:
Peggy - human being shouldn't be afraid to fail yet rather check out it together something to learn from. Thank you for preventing by!
Peggy Woods indigenous Houston, Texas top top April 19, 2020:
It is not normal to always be on the winning side of life, however we have the right to learn lot from failure and build ~ above it. Many good inventions have come along after countless tries that at first failed.
FlourishAnyway (author) indigenous USA on February 13, 2020:
LaustCawz - I've constantly liked Garbage and also found their name amusing.
LaustCawz ~ above February 11, 2020:
First, a pair of track quotations:
"Success to walk hand in hand with failure along Hollywood Boulevard."
--"Celluloid Heroes" (The Kinks)
"Ask a winner & you'll more than likely find, ooo Jackie, they've shed at some time."
--"Jackie Blue" (The Ozark mountain Daredevils)
As for loser criteria, If you keep repeating "problems" v no success, you might simply be ahead of her time, or, in together a spatu world, girlfriend may have actually simply not discovered the human or persons who are in a position to notice/appreciate what you're act & may have actually the method (financial or otherwise) to reveal you come a broader cross-section that the public.
As for "Stinkin' Thinkin'", the reverse have the right to have equally damaging results, where full naivete pre-empts healthy and balanced skepticism. Unfortunately, ns was prefer this beforehand in life &, even an ext unfortunately, my mom did everything she might to encourage this attitude.
This has actually helped me evaluate bands/artists v self-deprecating names, though. One mentioned on the perform is Garbage, who, imo, have offered us the best ever album name (their "Best-Of" collection, "Absolute Garbage"). Rather that involved mind: nobody & The Nothings, The Revolting Cocks &, that course, The Killers.
FlourishAnyway (author) indigenous USA on august 23, 2018:
Yours truly - us ALL fall short. Please don't be so hard on yourself, mine friend.
Yours Truly on august 23, 2018:
I'm a nice colosal fuckup, all of the over lol
FlourishAnyway (author) from USA ~ above July 07, 2018:
Chris - many thanks for avoiding by!
Chris on July 06, 2018:
I looked this increase after listening come Midnight Train to Georgia!
FlourishAnyway (author) from USA on may 01, 2018:
Ella - I have actually a daughter your period who is graduating from high school and it is very emotional time for numerous graduating seniors. You space not alone.
If you believe you room in dilemm or at risk of hurting yourself, please tell someone instantly -- a parent, teacher, institution counselor, an additional trusted adult, school resource officer, or call one of the complying with resources:
1) nationwide Hopeline Network 1.800.SUICIDE (1.800.784.2433)
2) situation Text line Number 741741
3) national Suicide prevention Lifeline 1.800.273.TALK (8255)
Please perform this for yourself. You are not a loser or a failure. You room special and also the world is a much better place with you in it.
Ella ~ above April 30, 2018:
I to be SO SAD and i i do not know take treatment of myself or people’s expectation of me and also my mental health is getting in the way of every little thing so that i just dont effing care anymore and also everyone i understand expects “great things” indigenous me yet im not sure if ns will even be lively for my highschool graduation and i simply cant perform this anymore and also my parents space really worried around me and also i just cant execute what everyone thinks i have the right to do ://// thats my “something else” bc the is scholastic achievement, and also taking care of myself, and also relationships and all that
FlourishAnyway (author) indigenous USA top top April 16, 2018:
Izzy K. - Wonderful! many thanks for the addition. It's at #42 now. You have actually a winning week!
Izzy K. top top April 15, 2018:
Shes Kinda warm by 5SOS
FlourishAnyway (author) from USA on January 10, 2018:
George - That's not an noticeable one, is it? However, it's around a guy who fails at his dreams and also has come go back home and also the mrs he loves adheres to him. I included it! give thanks to you!
george ~ above January 09, 2018:
what about Midnight Train to Georgia. Song about a loser and also the loser girl that follows him
FlourishAnyway (author) indigenous USA top top July 20, 2017:
Shyron - please forgive the I'm just now getting around to comment this. For part strange reason, it was hiding in my spam folder!
FlourishAnyway (author) indigenous USA ~ above June 09, 2017:
Tamara - many thanks for protecting against by and also for the sort support.
Tamara Moore on June 09, 2017:
Excellent! These write-ups of yours inspire me :-)
Shyron E Shenko indigenous Texas on June 05, 2017:
This hub is just one of my favorites in your series, and I love the videos.
A great one to include would it is in "The race is On" by George Jones
The gyeongju Is On
I feeling tears welling increase from under deep inside,
Like mine heart's got a big break
And a stab the loneliness sharp and painful the I might never shake.
You could think that I'm acquisition it hard due to the fact that you damaged me off with a call,
You might wager the I'll hide in sorrow and I might lay best down and bawl.
Now the race is on and here comes pride increase the ago stretch,
Heartaches a goin' come the inside, mine tears are holding back, tryin' no to fall.
My heart's our of the running, true love scratched for another's sake,
The gyeongju is on and also it looks like heartaches, and the winner loser all.
FlourishAnyway (author) indigenous USA top top June 02, 2017:
AudreyHowitt - ns love that song, although very sewing it's around others rather of me. Let us all save it the way! say thanks to you for protecting against by. Ns hope you are winning favor crazy in her world.
Audrey Howitt native California on June 02, 2017:
I battled the law and also the law won! Love that-Sometimes when we failure we deserve to still sing a ditty and also tap our feet!
FlourishAnyway (author) from USA ~ above June 01, 2017:
Devika - You're an extremely adaptive, a special sort of winner. Thanks for avoiding by to leaving a comment.
DDE ~ above June 01, 2017:
I skilled ups and downs in mine adoptive country and also don't check out myself as a loser. I learned from my mistakes and also never gave up on trying something new.
FlourishAnyway (author) indigenous USA on may 27, 2017:
Rasma - give thanks to you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I hope the anyone who feels prefer a loser will reconsider. Have actually a wonderfu weekend!
FlourishAnyway (author) native USA on might 27, 2017:
Jo - That's the appropriate attitude. Fail is temporary and also you can constantly redouble your initiatives when the time is right. Have actually a exorbitant Memorial job Weekend!
FlourishAnyway (author) indigenous USA on may 27, 2017:
Linda - I evaluate you protecting against by even though you know non of the songs. I'm happy you took pleasure in the "loser" ar map. Have a great weekend!
Gypsy climbed Lee native Daytona Beach, Florida on may 27, 2017:
Loser will never ever remain a loser if that or she to learn from your mistakes. Another an excellent hub with many outstanding choices.
Jo Miller from Tennessee on may 27, 2017:
I've had my re-superstructure of heartaches and also failures, yet I don't remember ever feeling favor a loser. I simply thought ns was down, no lost.
I don't know any type of of the songs, however I always enjoy reading your explanation of the music. The maps the you incorporate are a an excellent addition to your playlist articles!
FlourishAnyway (author) native USA on might 25, 2017:
Audrey - many thanks for speak so! ns love looking up the supplementary info for these articles, such together the maps and also supporting instances or statistics. Glad you enjoyed it. Have actually a wonderful holiday weekend.
Audrey Hunt indigenous Idyllwild Ca. On might 25, 2017:
What a an excellent message! "Winners space losers who learn from your experience." i love the layout of this hub. The instances of celebrities who failed however persevered builds an inspiration for the reader. And also the map showing the perform of names connected with losing and also failure is interesting and also fun.
Well done. You...are a winner!
FlourishAnyway (author) native USA on may 25, 2017:
Thanks, Dora, for preventing by and also for your type comment. Have actually a wonderful weekend ahead!
FlourishAnyway (author) native USA on may 25, 2017:
Larry - therefore true! many thanks for protecting against by. Ns hope you space well.
Dora Weithers from The Caribbean on might 25, 2017:
It's great to be able to sing about failure. The feeling of disappointment passes and since girlfriend did not compose the song, it's evident that somebody else to know what that feels like. I choose the quotes.
Larry Rankin native Oklahoma on might 25, 2017:
"Even the losers get lucky sometimes."
Another exorbitant list
FlourishAnyway (author) native USA on might 25, 2017:
Bill - happy you thought of one. Hope ns was maybe to expand your musical repertoire.
FlourishAnyway (author) from USA on may 25, 2017:
Kallini - I've never ever heard that one, however I prefer it. As soon as you lose, you sing. I'll have actually to uncover that documentary. As daunting as the 2008 dilemm was, i hope we ultimately learn something native it, such as don't location your identity in a project that could go away tomorrow v no error of her own. Jobs don't love girlfriend back. Many thanks for commenting. Ns hope you are dancing and also happy and also succeeding.
I'm not certain whether you put together a winning list about losers or a losing one... I'm a solid believer in "when girlfriend lose, friend gain, once you gain, friend lose" concept due to the fact that it makes me the best loser/gainer/winner/loser of lock all.
I don't agree the life/health/employment/family and what no is a game.
But if I want to be rather convincing - loser-winner gamings usually create one winner out of so numerous (10? 100? 1,000?) losers who all desire to it is in a winner yet hate that winner v passion.
I'd quite be in part rearguard - once I created a city "I desire to be a Loser" which provoked a many comments (mostly from losers and the like), however I removed it. That i regret. Shedding comments, not the city itself.
"The Loser Takes that All" is a standard - it's difficult not to favor it. I love "Dirty Laundry" as well.
As usual, ns can't come up with one solitary song about losers now, yet I have just watched a documentary "The finish of Men" - how way too numerous of them have lost their tasks (in 2008) and also lost the self-identity, direction, the sense of masculinity...
When friend lose, you... Sing.
Bill Holland indigenous Olympia, WA on might 24, 2017:
This was basic one. Once I remained in high institution The Beatles tape-recorded "I'm A Loser," so it to be only herbal that the popped into my mind immediately. Love this series...keep castle coming.
FlourishAnyway (author) native USA on may 24, 2017:
Martie - i agree the we've all failed miserably at some time and also it's just component of learning. One demands to simply dust off and keep going!
FlourishAnyway (author) from USA on might 24, 2017:
Linda - many thanks for that suggestion. Ns have included George Michael's work again, please again of ice cream Crosby's classic (simply because it's much more recent and also George Michael has such a lovely voice). I'm also adding it to a playlist that ns am researching top top songs around poverty and homelessness. Thanks so much! Perfect timing!
Martie Coetser from southern Africa on might 24, 2017:
Auw, this music because that 'losers' is a well-needed play-list through-out a person's life. I'm saving it on mine hard-drive. Give thanks to you, Flourish!
stevarino - losing in love is hard. Ns bet the guy 2nd guesses his decision come betray she trust and also read that diary. Many thanks for the suggestion. I have added it in ~ #39.
FlourishAnyway (author) native USA on may 24, 2017:
Heidi, You've motivated me to dig a small deeper and include a couple of more nation songs. Thanks for avoiding by and leaving a comment. Ns love the Garbage song!
Have a good day!
Linda Lum indigenous Washington State, USA on may 24, 2017:
Failing? I'm one expert. Failing is tripping, falling, and then do the efforts again. Failure is as soon as you fall down and don't gain up again. I've a pointer for an additional song you could add to the list. It's an oldie sung by Bing crosby "Brother, can You spare a Dime?"
FlourishAnyway (author) indigenous USA on might 24, 2017:
Debangee - thank you for preventing by and your type endorsement. You space right. Failing is just a temporary instance unless you quit. Have a wonderful day!
FlourishAnyway (author) native USA on might 24, 2017:
Terrilynn1 - thank you for your encouragement. I totally agree through you that anyone v a hints of success has failed miserably at something. If girlfriend fail, get up, dust you yourself off, and also show the human being you're back! have actually a great day!
Steve Dowell native East main Indiana on might 24, 2017:
A pair immediately pertained to mind, the an initial of i beg your pardon is currently mentioned - "Lonesome Loser" through The little River Band, the 2nd is native the early 1970s - "Diary" through Bread.
Thanks yet again because that a fun and also thought provoking post!
DEBANGEE MANDAL indigenous India on may 24, 2017:
Very , really inspiring. We have all one allude of time felt that we have failed to do something. But there is no damage in failing . It imparts understanding to succeed in the next step. These song are simply the ideal songs to console this downhearted souls. Lovely arsenal of songs. Really inspiring!
Heidi Thorne native Chicago Area on might 24, 2017:
The little River Band and 3 Doors down tunes popped right into my head automatically when I experienced the playlist title. That Garbage track is just one of my fave songs, despite its seemingly negative narrative.
See more: Ashley Nicole Roberts Age - Ashley Nicole (@Ash3Nicole)
I assumed there would certainly be an ext country monitor in this list. My hubby would contact those "My tractor excellent broke, my mrs done left me..." nation songs. ;)
Thanks because that winning list of loser songs!
Terrie Lynn indigenous Canada on might 24, 2017:
Good morning flourish. This is a really interesting mix of songs. Us only lose when us quit trying. I do believe that failing can encourage united state to shot harder somtimes. Once we succed the feels amazing. I love the track choices. Fine done.