The bond between the U.S. and Israel is unbreakable. Neither nation is as strong without the other. As your representative, I will continue to honor this connection grounded in our shared democratic values of freedom of speech and religion, the rule of law, and human rights.
Israel must be able to protect its citizens from attacks by Iran and its terrorist proxies. I support ample funding for joint US-Israeli missile defense programs including Iron Dome, David’s Sling and the Arrow programs.
The BDS Movement has become a vehicle for anti-Semitism. Although everyone has a right to express their opinion, we must fight against their insidious campaign to delegitimize the state of Israel.
We must promote and enduring peace based on these principles:
- Israeli-Palestinian peace can be achieved by direct negotiations between the two parties.
- Both sides must be willing to make compromises.
- Disagreements should be resolved privately.
- The U.S. should support the process, but cannot impose a solution.
- Arab states must take a more constructive role. I will press them to normalize relations with Israel and to support the peace process.