EXPLAIN: If adenine makes up 20% of the bases in a DNA double helix, what percent of the bases is guanine? 30%
Answer: Adenine=20% Thymine=20% bc they are complementary pairs (40% total) This means cytosine and guanine (complementary pairs) make up the remaining 60%. Divided by 2 you get 30% for guanine and cystosine.

You are watching: If adenine makes up 20% of the bases in a dna double helix, what percent of the bases is guanine?


EXPLAIN: After replication _____ each new DNA double helix consists of one old strand and one new strand
Answer: This is because to replicate DNA the enzyme helicase separates the original strand into two strands (replication fork) then each "old" strand" serves as a template for a "new" strand of DNA to complete the replication process. The "old" and "new" become a semiconservative new double helix strand of DNA.
Answer: Both eons and introns are transcribes from DNA to RNA. Before RNA leaves the nucleus INTRONS are removed leaving the EXONS to express the gene of the RNA w/ a continuous coding sequence
A mutation within a gene that will insert a premature stop codon in mRNA would - result in a shortened polypeptide chain
A premature STOP codon would signal the termination of the translation process by releasing ribsomal subunits to disassociate which results in releasing the shortened polypeptide chain.

See more: What Distinguishes Money From Other Assets In The Economy ? 15 16 Flashcards


The figure below shows the flow of genetic information in a eukaryotic cell. The transfer of information from DNA into and RNA molecule is known as _______
Consider the following figure. It illustrates that a single amino acid substitution in the hemoglobin gene _____
EXPLAIN: Consider the following figure. It illustrates that a single amino acid substitution in the hemoglobin gene -may alter a protein so that it no longer functions properly
Answer: BY slightly changing the one amino acid in the DNA sequence of (T/A) to mutant (A/U) affects the proteins overall structure and function resulting in the person from having normal book to having sickle-cell anemia.
{}})}else{;window.location.assign("https://jonathanlewisforcongress.com/explanations/textbook-solutions/fundamentals-of-biochemistry-5th-edition-9781118918432");}">
*

{}})}else{;window.location.assign("https://jonathanlewisforcongress.com/explanations/textbook-solutions/biocalculus-calculus-for-the-life-sciences-1st-edition-9781133109631");}">

{}})}else{;window.location.assign("https://jonathanlewisforcongress.com/explanations/textbook-solutions/fundamentals-of-biochemistry-life-at-the-molecular-level-5th-edition-9781118918401");}">
*

Fundamentals of Biochemistry: Life at the Molecular Level5th EditionCharlotte W. Pratt, Donald Voet, Judith G. Voet
{}})}else{;window.location.assign("https://jonathanlewisforcongress.com/explanations/textbook-solutions/miller-and-levine-biology-9780328925124");}">
*